Direct Recruitment to the posts included in combined Civil Services Examination-II (Group – II)
- Industrial Co-operative Officer in the Industries and Commerce Department.
- Probation Officer in Social Defence Department.
- Municipal Commissioner Grade-II
- Sub-Registrar, Grade-II
- Assistant Inspector of Labour.
- Deputy Commercial Tax Offier (DCTO)
- Junior employment Officer.
- Probation Officer in Prison Department.
- Special Assistant in the vigilance and Anti corruption Department.
- Assistant Section Officer, Tamil Nadu Secretariat Service.
- Assistant Section Officer in Finance Department in Secretariat
- Assistant Section Officer, Tamil Nadu Legislative Assembly Secretariat
- Assistant Section Officer in Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission
- Assistant Section Officer Cum Programmer in Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission
- Supervisor of Industrial Co-operatives in the Industries and Commerce Department.
- Audit Inspector in the Audit Wing of Hindu Religious and Charitable Endowments Administration Department.
- Assistant Inspector in Local Fund Audit Department.
- Handloom inspector in Handlooms and Textiles Department.
- Senior Inspectors in Milk Production and Dairy Development Department.
- Senior inspector of Co-operative Societies in Department of Registrar of Co-operative Societies.
- Supervisor / Junior Superintendent in Tamil Nadu Agricultural Marketing / Agricultural Business Department
- Audit Assistant in Accounts Branch of Highways and Rural Works Department.
- Executive Officer, Grade-II in Town Panchayats Department, Tirunelveli District.
- Revenue Assistant in Revenue Department (Various Districts)
|Sl.No||Name of the Post||Minimum Age limit(For all)|
|“Others” [i.e Applicants|
not belonging to Scs, SC(A)s, Sts, MBCs/DCs, Bcs and BCMs]
|SC/SC (Arunthathiyars), ST,
MBC, DNC, BC, BCM & Destitute windows of all categories
|1||For all Posts (Except Sub-Registrar Grade - II,|
Probation Officer in Prison Department and social Defence Department)
|18 Years||30 years||No Maximum age limit|
|2||Sub-Registrar Grade-II||20 Years|
|3||Probation Officer in Prison Department||22 Years|
|4||Probation Officer in Social Defence Department||26 Years||40 Years|
Current Pattern of TNPSC Group I Examination:
The selection will be made in three successive stages.
- The Examination comprise of one paper (200 Qns) of 300 marks.
- It is of objective type (multiple choice questions).
- This Examination is meant to serve a screening test only. The marks obtained in the prelims exam by the candidates who are declared qualified for admission to the Main Examination will not be counted for determining their final order of merit.
- The questions on General Studies will be set both in Tamil and English and the questions of General Tamil / General English will be set in the respective languages.
- The paper will be of three hours duration.
Scheme of the Preliminary Examination
|Subject||Duration||Maximum Marks (200 × 1.5m)||Minimum Qualifying Marks for all communities|
|General Studies (75 Qus)|
|Aptitude and Mental Ability Test (25 Qus)
|General Tamil / General English (100 Qus)|
- The Examination comprise of one paper of 300 marks each.
- It is of essay type (Descriptive type)
- Marks obtained for this paper and marks obtained in interview will be counted for final ranking
Scheme of the Main Written Examination
|Subject General Studies (Single Paper)||Duration||Maximum Marks|
(200 × 1.5)
|Minimum Qualifying Marks for All Communities|
|General Studies (Degree Standard)
(Descriptive Type)The general subjects / topics from which the questions will be asked are :
|Role and impact of Science and Technology in the Development of India and Tamil Nadu.|
|Administration of Union and States with special reference to Tamil Nadu.|
|Socio Economic Problems of India and Tamil Nadu.|
|Current issues at National level.
|Current issues at State level.)|
Question Pattern Group II
|General Studies||03 Mark Questions||08 Mark Questions||15 Mark Questions||30 Mark Questions||Total no of questions|
|Questions have to attend|
|Have to write|
- The number of candidates to be summoned for interview will be about twice the number of vacancies to be filled. The interview will carry 40 marks (with no minimum qualifying marks).
- The Interview will be held at Chennai TNPSC office only.
- Marks obtained in all the papers and marks obtained in interview for personality test will be counted together for final ranking.